In short, I’m a nerd, but that’s not a bad thing. I read a lot, so I decided to start a blog where I talk about books.
My blog is here to be a place to voice my thoughts on whatever books I’ve been reading as well as anything else that crosses my mind from time to time.
As per my post here where I was given the Versatile Blogger Award, I’m supposed to list 7 things about myself, and rather than doing that in a post I decided to update this page, which hadn’t really been changed since I started the blog.
- I graduated from The University of Akron in May of 2011 with a B.A. in Psychology, which basically means that I’m a nerd who looks into a lot of very random things and actually enjoys learning.
- Hey I get to edit this. Before this update, this number in the list talked about how I hadn’t shot a 300 bowling, and that my high series was a 781. Well, as of 3/15/14, I have a 300 game and an 828 series to my credit. I was really happy to shoot those scores, especially since I was bowling in a tournament at the time.
- When I first went to college immediately after graduating from high school I was a Music Education major. I still think that I would enjoy teaching, but at the time Music Ed just wasn’t right for me.
- While I read a lot of books and have always enjoyed reading, years ago I was on a huge movie binge and I bought and watched quite a few movies from a variety of different genres. Had I started this blog 2 or 3 years earlier than I did it’s very possible that the blog would have been based upon reviewing movies rather than reviewing books.
- Speaking of movies, The Shawshank Redemption is the greatest movie of all time. You can’t argue against that statement, and don’t even try to, it won’t work.
- One of my favorite book series is The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. It’s one of the first big series that I started reading, and through a convoluted series of events it really served as a springboard to get me reading as widely as I do today, here’s a blog post where I talk about how The Wheel of Time got me to start reading.
- (Cool, last fact for now.) Being the general nerd that I am, I also play video games fairly often, albeit not nearly as often as I used to. I’ve always been a big fan of role-playing game, and Final Fantasy 4 is my favorite game of all time. I’m not the least bit ashamed to say that I have purchased at least 4 different versions of the game, and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.